Making money from home is something almost everyone wants to do.
It sucks going to work at a job you don't like with people you don't like, not making enough money.
It also sucks watching your husband make all the money for your family and feeling like their is nothing you can do.
I got sick of both of those things so I decided thats it I am going to make money for myself. So I started a blog.
That first month I made $300, and a few months later I was making around $10,000 per month.
That is what led me to many of the things that I am going to talk about in this post. Deciding to start trying to make some money online, is what has led me to find a career online. I can now say that I have been fully employed by working online for myself for the past year.
Working from myself online has allowed me to:
- Travel all over with my family while still earning more money than I ever imagined.
- Afford the finer things in life like online shopping and wine. (it's the little things lol.)
Which is why I can now say that I know it is possible to side hustle $1000 or more online every month as long as you are determined.
If you want to hear more about how I make a full-time income online you can click here to read all about how I make money online.
Here are a few ways you can earn $2000+ from home every month
1. Start A Money Making Blog
Not making enough money sucks, Stop thinking you can't start a blog and do it. SPOILER ALERT, I make a full-time income blogging now ( around10k a month) So this is the method that I have the most faith in.
Whenever someone around me says that they don't like their job, or how they wish they could shop more I always try and persuade them into starting a blog.
If you want to join my free how to start a blog email course here is what we go over in it:
- Day 1: How to start a blog for beginners.
- Day 2: How to install your first theme and create a free logo.
- Day 3: Planning out your content.
- Day 4: Monetizing your website as a beginner.
- Day 5: Increasing your website's traffic to make more money.
- Day 6: Planning out your long-term goals.
- Day 7: Wrap up & Guide to follow for the future to maximize profit.
Starting a blog and making money is probably not as hard as you may think. I started making money blogging my very first-month blogging, and oh boy was I a beginner I had no clue what I was doing. Which is exactly why I know anyone can make money blogging. If you want to know how I made money my very first month blogging you can read more about that here in my post about how I made money my very first-month blogging.
I started a blog and earned more than 6 times the amount I invested into it the very first month, so needless to say it was very affordable. Here I am now a few months later earning a full-time income from it.
If you want to know how to start a blog you can click here and follow my free step by step guide, so you don't have to wander through it like I did. Which means that you can probably earn money even faster than I did.
I highly recommend starting a blog it has honestly changed my life for the better. Now I am going to get to stay home and raise my kids and travel while having a job I absolutely love.
Investing is something I think is really fun, and thrilling to do myself. If you do your research or get lucky chances are you could make an extra $1000 this month investing. If you are new to investing but want to invest there are great apps that will help you invest when you have no idea what you're doing.
- If you are interested in investing in cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum) I use and recommend Coinbase, which is a website and an app. I use the app form the most. From the app, you can invest, sell your investments, and monitor your investments. I do not recommend investing in cryptocurrency if you do not know the reason behind it, and how volatile the market can be. Bitcoin is not a get rich quick scheme the market is very up and down.
- If you are interested in investing your pocket change in many different ways I recommend investing apps like Stashwhich allows you to invest a minimum of 5$ and watch it grow. You can invest from your phone or computer.
3. Collect Cash Back From Shopping
Shopping is something everyone does every month. Whether your budget allows you to do casual shopping, or just shop for the things you need. Everyone would love to make money while shopping. Making money while shopping has changed the way I shop forever.
While getting "Cash Back" isn't quite making money while shopping getting $1000 a month in cashback from everyday purchases is still saving you $1000.
1. My favorite cash back website to use when online shopping is Ebates because of there google chrome plugin. Every time I am on a website that offers cash back they tell me how much it is, and all I have to do is click a button to get it.
As a college student, I got over $100 back last year when buying my textbooks for the spring semester, and over $120 the past fall semester. I mean as a college student that's like 20 trips to taco bell a semester.
Ebates has cash back on almost anything on almost every website, you name it Amazon, Target, Walmart, Lowes, Ulta, Macy's pretty much everywhere has Ebates. If you aren't already using Ebates I highly recommend it. They pay you by check sent to your house, or by PayPal.
If you want to use Ebate's or check it out click here.
2. For shopping that you don't do online, I love the app Ibotta. Before you go shopping you check out the app for deals, then you decide where you are going to buy them. Once you buy the item you take a picture of your receipt then Ibotta will deposit the money into your Ibotta account.
3. For Grocery shopping I love the app Checkout 51 It allows you to get cash back for things you buy in the grocery store. Just pick your store, then browse the deals. When you are all done snap a picture of your receipt and let the cashback stack up. Once you reach $20 you can request a check and they will send it to you.
4. Become an Uber or Lyft Driver
I know that many moms may not have time to drive Uber or Lyft but if you do I know that in my area it pays close to $22 an hour! I have a friend who on the weekends drives Ubers and makes an extra $1000/month. If you are an excellent driver with some free time I highly recommend looking into becoming an Uber or Lyft driver.
Even if you just do it a few hours a week you could be missing out on a few hundered dollars a month! It is a great opportunity to jam in the car while making some extra money.
I know that on the Lyft website it will tell you how much you could make in your city, so head over to their website type in your city and the number of hours you would be interested in driving and they will tell you how much money you could be making! (it is way more than you would be making at some crappy part-time retail job believe me!)
If you are interested in making money driving:
5. Dog Watching or Walking
I know that I love pets, but in our rental house we can't have any pets sadly so here I am petless. But a great way for me and you both to get our pet fix it would be for pet walking or pet sitting. There are apps out there nowadays that are being compared to the Uber of pet walking.
Wag!: Get paid to walk dogs in your area, my cousin goes to NYU and didn't have the time to get a job while handling college. Instead of taking on a part-time job she didn't want she decided to walk dogs. She used Wag as a walker and made enough money to fulfill her needs while in college. If you are interested in walking pets to make $1000/mo I highly recommend checking out wag.
6. Sell Your Useless Stuff Online
I recently just moved from a one bedroom apartment into a five-bedroom house. Contrary to popular belief I actually had some stuff to get rid of. So to investigate how easy it actually is to sell stuff online I listed my stuff on a few popular apps.
What I found was that Facebook Marketplace is actually the best place to sell stuff at least in my area. Within one day I had sold all the 20 items that I had listed (it made for a very hectic day, to say the least)
Everywhere else I listed my items I made 1 sale max.
If you are someone who already has kids and feels comfortable watching more kids it is a great opportunity to make money. Many parents will allow you to watch their kids in your own house along with your own kids. If you are staying at home to watch kiddos already what is one more to the mix? especially when it pays well!
Thanks to websites like Care.com it is now super easy to find part-time babysitting jobs. Babysitting is not for everyone but it is a good way to make money if it is something you enjoy doing.
I use to babysit from Care.com and within my first week, I had so many families contacting me that I had to turn them away.
In addition to Care I have heard of people having great successes positing that they are accepting children to watch in Facebook Marketplace, so if you live in a busy area I would highly reccomend posting on Facebook Marketplace.
What is the best way to make money from home as a stay at home momma?
In my opinion, I continue to think that making money with a blog is the best way to earn money from home. I have been blogging as my full-time job now for the past year. It is truly life changing if you can motivate yourself to do it. If you are interested in blogging JUMP IN WHOLEHEARTEDLY! It has changed my life and I know that it can change yours.