Increasing blog traffic is a goal of almost every blogger, there is no reason a blogger shouldn't want to increase the traffic to their blog. More traffic means a bigger audience, and a bigger audience in many cases means having a more successful blog.
There are good ways to increase your traffic quickly, and bad (pay for bad traffic that will not build your email list or increase your profits).
This post is going to give you a bunch of really good ways to increase your traffic quickly.
I was determined to make Smart and Simplistic (now TaylorStanford.com) successful fast to prove to myself and bloggers everywhere that you can follow your dreams without investing years of your time with no return.
I started making hundreds of dollars my first month (you can read about how I earned $300 my first month blogging here) because I broke outside of the norm, you can do this too.
Everyone can do this. Every blogger can achieve their goals if they work with motivation and passion. I am here to help you!!
Now on to how to increase your traffic.
1. start with your content
As a blogger your content is your product very often, and you want your content to be like a cute shirt in a store you can't leave without. You want people to see your pin, and what your content it and not be able to just scroll by without reading your post.
You want your content to be helpful, informative, and full of your personality.
You want to have content that people cannot get anywhere else, you want your content to be so amazing that your readers will share your content, so you can get even more traffic!
Be true to yourself, and make sure your content is:
- Full of personality
If your content is always all four of those things then you are on the right track, to increase your blog traffic.
2. Promote your content the right way
You can write thousands of blog posts, but if you don't promote them they will likely never be seen!
Isn't that what us bloggers are mostly always afraid of? creating awesome content that just goes un noticed.
It is super important to promote your content the right way.
But what is the right way to promote your content to increase your traffic quickly?
- Pinterest: You want to pin a lot, you want to have several images for each blog post. There is so much to do with Pinterest so if you want all the Pinterest tips I have you can read about them in this post.
- SEO: Who doesn't love traffic that they hardly work for? make sure to do a few things when writing your post and get traffic for it for years to come. When it comes to SEO you want to make sure to have good keyword density, alt descriptions on your pictures, clear headers and sub headers, a title that would be something someone would search.
- StumbleUpon: This is a good way to get casual internet users to find your website. This should increase your traffic quickly but it is not as sustainable as SEO and Pinterest.
All other social media is too much to be in one bullet point!
Social Media is personal to your brand.
Is your blog high in visuals? (photography, fashion, travel, food?) Instagram is a great way to increase your traffic.
Is your blog budgeting, business, or information based? Twitter or Facebook are probably a better option for your brand.
You don't want to try and use every social media because well you will ned an assistant, and way more time than is in a day. Just focus on the one our two social media's that are right for your brand to increase your blogs traffic quickly. Then when your a millionaire blogger you can have an assistant and do all the social media's perfect.
3. build your network
I am always saying a quote that someone much smarter, and popular than me probably came up with (I just can't remember where or who I heard it from) but,
"Your vibe attracts your tribe" - someone much smarter, and more popular than Taylor Stanford.
And to be a successful blogger you need a tribe, it is so hard to go it alone. You want other bloggers to know who you are, and they want you to know who they are!
Building your network will increase your traffic because search engines will start to realize what content yours is related to, and you can start getting backlinks!
But how do you build your network?
- Comment on blogs that are similar to yours with a MEANINGFUL comment, and leave a link to your website at the end of it. Make sure you are leaving a meaningful comment, you don't want to make a bad impression on other bloggers.
- Reach out to other bloggers in a similar niche in Facebook Groups and ask them for tips, or to collaborate on a giveaway or post.
- Reach out to your readers! you might have a ton of readers who want to start a blog or have a blog that have similar interests! Reach out to your email list and ask if anyone wants to collaborate or just even talk.
- Build a Facebook Group for your blog so that you can have all your readers in one place to talk about things within your niche and build relationships with people who will come back and continue to read your site.
You want your network to be full of genuine people!
MORE TIPS TO HELP YOU EARN MORE MONEY BLOGGING:
4. Make sure your blog is ready Brading wise
I have a whole blog post about this topic because well it is so important to make sure your blog is ready!
If your blog is ready, you will get WAAAAAY more traffic.
I can't even begin to talk about how to make your blog ready in this post because it would be so long. So here is a link to the post where I talk all about how to make sure your blog is ready, and oh boy is it important to make sure your blog is ready!
here is the briefest overview ever on how to make sure your blog ready.
- Use the same colors everywhere. (social media and on your blog)
- Use the same fonts everywhere.
- Write long posts.
- Always post consistently on social media.
5. Keep Learning
Nothing sucks more than when you want something so badly (for me it was to have a blog that supported me and my family so we could travel) and you just don't know how to get there.
I personally think that 30 Days to Blog Success is a great way to figure out how you can create a blog that will support you and your family so that you can travel.
It is great for newbie bloggers, or people who want to blog to learn how to build a profitable money making blog from nothing in a month. It's still 50% off to kick-off summer (now $25) plus 40% off TODAY ONLY for the 4th of July with the code: FOURTH at checkout. You can check it out by clicking here.
I see clients all the time who stopped seeing growth in social media, and blog traffic. I often ask them, "Do you keep on SEO information?" "Do you use Pinterest as a learning tool to get help from other bloggers?" and I often get the response of "no". The reason that people fail as bloggers is because they don't stay up to date on their affiliates, good ways to advertise, and how to optimize their social medias.
7. include share buttons & Alt Descriptions
This is like the number one easiest way to increase your traffic quickly. So if you are looking for a quick fix this is probably the closest that it will be.
THIS IS YOUR QUICK FIX!
When I started blogging I had 0 followers on Pinterest, well because I was brand new at it.
But a few weeks in I started getting hundreds of views a day, because I had share buttons and alt descriptions on my pictures that made Pinterest sharing easy!
Someone shared one of my posts on Pinterest, and because I had typed what I thought would be a good description for my pin into the description for the pin image I put into my post when someone shared it with a large audience.
It went viral. This may be the thing that changes your blog forever,
make sure to:
- include alt descriptions for every image you put in a blog post
- make sure you have share buttons on your website.
I struggle with this so hardcore, but thats okay because my audience is so understanding (thank you!)
But if you want to be the best blogger, (better than me) take my tip here, and schedule everything.
You should be posting similar content on the same days every week, (you can post once a week, once every other week, or every day just do it consistently)
You should be posting similar content on the same schedule every month, the first post of the month your favorite travel destination of the month, the third post of the month the most affordable hotel you stayed in the whole month.
This tells your audience that if they liked this post, they can come back in four weeks and get a newer version of this exact thing.
This will increase the amount of people coming back regullarly.
Free course to teach you how to start making money with a blog:
If you want to join my FREE how to start a blog email course here is what we go over in it:
- Day 1: How to start a blog for beginners.
- Day 2: How to install your first theme and create a free logo.
- Day 3: Planning out your content.
- Day 4: Monetizing your website as a beginner.
- Day 5: Increasing your website's traffic to make more money.
- Day 6: Planning out your long-term goals.
- Day 7: Wrap up & Guide to follow for the future to maximize profit.
8. EMAIL LIST
An email list is everything for most six-figure+ bloggers. They are the only audience you will own.
This is an audience that likes you so much they are willing to give you their email so that you can contact them at any time and tell them what is going on in your life, or with your blog.
The reason an email list will increase your traffic quickly is because they are willing to come back, and back again to your content when you send it to them. These are people that are going to stick around.
If you want to know all about building your email list click here they are some important tips that have changed my blogging career.
9. link your old content in your new content
Do you post the same content every month? do you have more than one of the same type of post such as: recipes, crafts, tips?
Well you should be linking all that content together, it will increase the amount of people that stay on your blog for more than just one single blog post.
People come to your website to check out your amazing oatmeal cookie recipe and then they see you have an amazing chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe? well they are probably going to want to see that to.
You are going to want to link your similar content, or your other content that would be helpful to your reader. This will increase the chances of you getting more page views from people who are already on your website.
Hopefully all of this is going to help you kick your blogs traffic into hyperdrive. I love hearing from people who read my posts then start getting tons of traffic, or even start making good money blogging.
It makes me so happy to know that these posts might actually be helpful to people.
If you have any questions for me, leave them in the comments below!