Hey Girl! Welcome to April 2018's blog income report!
If you aren't a regular reader of mine I am Taylor Stanford this is my self-titled website. Kind of like a self-titled album for the non-musicians. Here I empower women to live their best and happiest lives by sharing mine. (If you are a regular reader then you might want to just skip down to the next section.)
However, that doesn't explain at all why I am now going to tell you how much money I make here. Here is why I am going to tell you how much money I make blogging.
- I want to inspire you: before I got my start blogging income reports are what finally inspired me to take the plunge into blogging. Income reports are what finally made me think "yeah, I can do that". Since taking that plunge blogging has allowed me to quit my office job and work for myself full-time traveling and doing whatever I want. I want to inspire you to believe you can do this too.
- I want to be transparent: I want you guys to know that all the tips I share here are things I honestly use and believe in. Sharing my income proves that I am not lying about what I am getting paid to talk about and what I am now.
- I want to be able to look back: I wish I had income reports for all of the months of blogging. They allow me to look back and see what is working for my blog, and what isn't working. It also allows me to see my growth and inspire myself to continue working.
- You don't have to hate your job: I want to prove to you that you do not have to hate your job! I want to prove to you that you can work hard for yourself, or doing something you love and have a job that pays that you do not hate.
Being a full-time blogger is the best job I could ever have. I have never had a better job and cannot even begin to imagine a better one. It allows me to travel when I want to travel, and be home with my family all of the time!
If you want to know more about what I actually do to make the stuff in this post pay me enough to be able to stay home and blog full time click here.
If this post is inspiring you so far (even though it will get even better) I want to show you how you can do this for yourself since so many people have asked. I created a FREE 7-Day email course which will teach you exactly this: How to start a blog for beginners, How to install your first theme and create a free logo, Planning out your content, Monetizing your website as a beginner, Increasing your website's traffic to make more money, Planning out your long-term goals, Wrap up & Guide to follow for the future to maximize profit.
How was my blog income in April 2018?
I earned $4,225 blogging in April of 2018
I couldn't work much this month due to what I will talk about in the life section. So for not being able to work a lot this month I am happy with my income.
It is crazy I get to do this as a JOB.
I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS MY FULL-TIME JOB
Sure I started a blog and hoped I would make money so that I could put more money into my vacation fund. However, by no means did I ever imagine I could be bringing in six-figures blogging every year.
If you are like me before I started my blog you are just a normal person out there who sees income reports from other bloggers but thinks "that will never be me".
I use to think I would never have enough to talk about, had no idea how to start a blog, had no idea what affiliate marketing was or how to do it, and absolutely no blog design knowledge.
If you are waiting for a sign (or a discount) to start a blog let this be it.
You can do it, I was a normal person (just like you) who found a blogging income report on Pinterest and used it as inspiration, and now blogging has changed my whole life.
The only thing you need to be a blogger who makes a lot of money is a self-hosted blog, and a little free time.
If you want to start a self-hosted blog I created a whole email course (and post) about how you can do it for an affordable price, with absolutely no blogging/design / social media knowledge.
Also because I love Bluehost so much I reached out to see if they would give my audience a special discount and they agreed! so for those of you using my email course to create a blog you get a special discount for my audience only! It normally starts at $7.99 a month now for you guys its only $2.95 PLUS you guys will get a free .com (or .net, .co, .blog whichever you prefer)
Break down of my April 2018 income – $4,225
In April of 2018, I earned $4,225 Below I am going to separate my income into categories so you can better understanding of it.
- Affiliate income – $ total: $3,070
- Sponsorships and advertising – $0
- 30 Days to Blog Success – $1,140
- Display advertising – $15
Break down of my April 2018 expenses - $112.40
- Bluehost - $2.95 this is website hosting, its what allows you to have a website easily. This is how much it would be if I paid monthly, but I pay annually.
- Tailwind - $19.98 this is what schedules my pins and allows me to share my pins with other people without working a ton of hours. This is how much it would be if I paid monthly, but I pay annually.
- Facebook Ad's - $0
- ConvertKit- $79
- Pinterest Ad's - $0
- PayPal Fees - $0
- Gumroad Fees - $33.40
Those were all of my blogging related fees this month other than internet and actual office materials.
After fees, I brought home: $4,112
Check out my blog post all about the different ways that you can make money blogging by clicking here
Want to see how my income has changed over the years and months?
Traffic in April 2018
Because so many bloggers believe you need to have a huge amount of traffic to make a living blogging, I have decided to also share what my traffic was for the past month and where it came from.
Total Page Views: 19,100
Total Users: 12,100
- Amount from Pinterest: 8,147
- Amount of Direct: 3,085
- Amount from Google: 944
How did I get the viewers from Pinterest? I pinned 30-100 times per day and used my regular Pinterest strategy.
However, if you want to know my regular Pinterest Strategy I share it in my FREE 7-Day how to start a profitable blog email course (it's on day 5). Which you can sign up for here:
My Most Popular Posts in April 2018
- How to Make Money Blogging from The Start
- How I Make 10k in a Month
- How I Made Money my First Month Blogging
- How to Put Blogging on Your Resume
MY LIFE IN April 2018
If you read my March income report you will know that my husband and I went on a vacation that inspired us to downsize.
So we moved from our huge 5 bedroom house, into the perfect two bedroom apartment in our ideal location. Literally on the street we wanted to live on. We think this will also be a great opportunity to allow us to travel more and save for the home of our dreams faster.
Plus it is in our ideal part of town, and its an absolutely perfect apartment.
But that means our April was spent packing, and moving on pretty short notice. I mean we hadn't even decided that we wanted to move until the end of March and we moved officially April 19th.
Which made for a very busy and exciting April.
But that also meant that I did not have nearly enough time to work properly. I probably worked for like 3 hours in all of April. However, It's all fine because now we have a perfect apartment. Which will allow us to travel more, and buy our dream home even sooner.
MY FUTURE PLANS FOR MY BLOG.
If you aren't new here you have probably heard me preach something my mom always use to say (thanks mom!) "Proper planning prevents poor performance". I love planning ahead for my blog so months like this don't happen every month!
Here are my plans for the future.
- Grow my page views to 300,000 per month. Heck this seems like miles away but I know that I can do it. I believe that once I get to that level I will be able to do a bunch of crazy and exciting things no other blogger is doing for their followers.
- Grow my email list to 100,000 subscribers. If you don't already get my emails than you probably don't know how much I love emailing with my tribe. Getting to know you guys and talk to you guys is the best, and so much more personal than a blog post.
- Travel more and write about travel more. I love to travel but last year I wasted a lot of time and didn't travel nearly as much as I wanted to.
- Start Speaking. I really want to get into public speaking I feel like I have a really good message that I want to share and spread with women and young adults all over the world. I would love to start speaking publicly.
- Go to blogging / personal growth conferences. I never take the time to go to conferences, and I would love to go to conferences. I think personal growth is the most important thing almost ever. If we aren't growing personally and in our relationships we are falling apart. It's one or the other and I want to grow. I think conferences would be a great way to do that.
- Create new products to sell. I am nearly done with one product and then I will begin working on the second. I think the first one will be so incredibly helpful to women trying to start a blog in their free time. It will allow them to get a play-by-play of exactly what they need to be doing to go from no blog to full-time blogger. Sign up below to get notified when it launches (plus you'll get a special discount)
This month I made a little over $4,000 which has a lot to do with the fact that I spent so much time offline moving this month. I expected a dip in my income but I also expect it to rise again soon so I'm not stressed by my income dropping to a little over $4,000 this month. I am still so excited by how far my blog has come from the $300 I made my first month blogging.
If you are looking to make money blogging here is what you need to remember:
- Ad's don't pay that well if you don't have a large following.
- Affiliate marketing is a great way to start making money.
- Creating your own products is a great second step because you make 100% off the profit.
- Pinterest is so important when it comes to traffic.
- Tailwind is so important when it comes to Pinterest.
Was your April great? Are you interested in starting your very own profitable blog?
Sign up for my FREE 7-Day Email Course on How to Start a Profitable Blog (Sign up by clicking here) It is step-by-step and includes a 50% off discount and way for you to get a free .com!